Monday, June 30, 2008

Slip-n-Slide

If your husband said you could sleep in everyday for the rest of the summer, would you dive down the slip-and-slide at a 4-year old's birthday party? I would. I did. And in my cute Target sundress no less.

I should have let Corey catch it on video, but I thought I was going to get stuck halfway and look something like a beached whale. But, I really went for and made it all the way to the little Dora pool at the end. It did not hurt (at the time), and it was actually quite fun. Corey rushed over asking if I had knocked the breath out of myself because I was not getting up...I had just forgotten that my little cotton dress was going to be very clingy so I was hesitant to show everyone the leftover baby belly that my dress was previously concealing. Luckily, a sweet friend came to my rescue with a large beach towel.

Since then I have had some serious jaw and rib pains to which Corey very unsympathetically said, "if you throw yourself on the ground like a pancake, there are going to be some repercussions." I think he is a little bitter about all the sleep I am getting!

8 comments:

Shawn said...

Well he left you no choice! No woman or person in their right mind would pass up that offer.

Well played, Yates, well played.

~H

CEU said...

Nice!!!! I'm impressed and yet a little scared to challenge you to anything.

Erin said...

I'm a little disappointed that there was not a video clip of this, but the description painted quite the picture! ;) Wish I could've seen it!

Shane said...

Makes you wonder how kids do that without getting hurt. But nice move!

Robyn said...

I would have liked to have seen that video as well!

Melissa Lee said...

How is the slip-n-slide? That's what I wanna know.

Good for you.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you. And glad I was an eyewitness to the "event." Happy Sleeping! Katie

Shelley said...

Nice move, I would've joined you given the opportunity...Shelley