We spent the better part of last week visiting my family in Kentucky. I just cannot tell you how excited I was to go...it is so good to do something different for awhile, and I made sure my house was clean before I left so I could relax and enjoy no housework for five days. It is also great to go and let someone else do most of the cooking, especially when the person doing the cooking makes lots of yummy food like sausage, biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs, the best spaghetti, and roast with fresh veggies. Throw in some homemade ice cream, a dump cake, some kind of yummy cream cheese danish, brownies, fried chicken, and a few trips to restaurants that I can only get there (at one place I actually got a cheeseburger, french fries, corn dog, tater tots, and a chocolate milkshake because I just could not decide) and you have at least five pounds of weight gain. But it was worth it...and I will be back to the rec center as soon as possible.
However, we could have eaten cereal for every meal and the trip would have been worth it to see all three of my boys get as much attention as they want, to hang out with my nephew and be reminded of how cute it is to hear two-year olds talk, to play games with my brother and sister-in-law, and to just sit on the couch and talk with my family and feel just as comfortable as I do at my own house.
Caleb, Silas, and my nephew Nathan in their matching 4th of July shirts.
See more pics.


2 comments:
Yep, seeing family is fun, especially when there is both Ninja Gaiden and Settlers of Catan.
Been wondering where you ran off to. Glad you had such a good time!
Post a Comment