He likes to tell me what to say. For example, a few days ago he went into the closet where we keep the dog food and started pretending to be a dog, I said something like "do we have a new puppy at our house?" Now everytime he goes into that closet he says, "mom, can you say 'do we have a new puppy at our house'?" He does this with most things, whatever I said the first time he did it, he wants me to say that everytime. Can you say...''go, Caleb, go", "we dont talk while someone else is praying","don't go down backwards","are you a lion", "arrhh".
silas
I was reminded today of a dog that my sister-in-law used to have, it would pee on her husband's clothes if they got in a fight. Silas got yogurt in his hair at breakfast this morning, and then he had a very messy lunch which made me decide he could not wait until bedtime for a bath. If Silas is getting a bath, Caleb wants a bath too. Silas was very mad that he was getting a bath, because he wanted to go outside with Corey. He screamed the whole time we are taking a bath, and then Canaan woke up and needed to eat. I got Silas out of the tub and put on his little hooded towel, and he immediately peed on the bath mat. Corey passed Canaan off to me, and said he would get the big boys dressed. But Caleb refused to leave the tub, so Silas had a chance to wonder off and found me with Canaan. He walked up, laid his head on my knee, and peed all down my leg. He had just peed less than five minutes before! He walked away with a smile, I guess in his mind we were even.
And one more about him...we have a disc shooter that shoots out about ten discs. Caleb likes to shoot them out and leave them scattered all over the room. Today, Corey and I were sitting on the couch and I had just thought that Silas was being very quiet and I wondered what he was doing...he came around the chair with two little handfuls of discs, he had this huge smile on his face, and he took them straight to the shooter and started trying to shove them in. The thought of him walking around the room, dilligently picking them all up was just enough to erase all irritation about being screamed at and peed on.
canaan
I really do not know how people get a baby to sleep without a pacifier and a husband who swaddles them up so tight they seem to be wearing a straight jacket.
And I will say again that he is just so sugary sweet I can hardly stand it!



7 comments:
Thanks for sharing. You make me laugh and make my days seem so much more sane. :)I can't wait to play with all the boys together in a few weeks. Nana's house is going to be wild!
That is by far the most impressive swaddle I have ever seen. My babies are never big fans of the swaddle, but I wonder if Corey is up for hire. I need a couple of preschoolers swaddled and I am confident they cannot get out of that tight squeeze.
~H
That Silas is something else. I was watching his little head bob up and down at the library today everytime you asked him a question as he answered "yes" in his own little way. You can just tell there's so much going on in that brain of his. And I STILL don't get enough Canaan time. So I can't wait until I can have him in the nursery!
Oh girl... we could do some serious talking about my 3 sons...
Firstborns... the ever achiever... the make your mark and stick to it kids...
There is never ever any describing that middle one... I am not sure what God puts in the mix but it is something quite unique.
That sweet 3rd baby boy. I could gobble mine up every day!
They are precious Sumer!
I love all my grandchildren - I mean love ALL my grandchildren. But there is a special affinity with this Middle child; a complete understanding of not the oldest, not the baby; a pride in the Middle finding his place; an understanding of the need to be stubborn, to do little things to exert himself and be noticed. I love all my grandchildren but this Middle child I understand!
That is a very impressive swaddle! Taylor liked to be swaddled until she was about 6 or 7 months old. I was beginning to get very worried about finding a blanket big enough to wrap her in. Then everyone in the nursery would comment about a baby that big being swaddled.
Canaan is wearing that sweet outfit I bought him!! He is such a cutie. BTW, I have Caleb's Diego sippy cup. It is clean. I'll lgive it to you at Bible study tomorrow. Hugs, Katie
Post a Comment