I was so excited for Caleb to go to VBS this year, I loved that he was finally old enough to go through all the little programs...the cute snacks (nice job on the flip flop cookies, Julie - even Corey was impressed), the crafts, story times, games, and fun new songs. Here is a little video of Caleb singing one of the songs he learned. I promise the whole look was created by him, I was just lucky enough to have the camera handy.
I am in the nursery, and Corey is outside with the games so we do not get to hear the songs; but, my brother did the same VBS last week at his church and said Caleb was singing "Yahweh is His name", which is the chorus to one of the songs. Shane said it has hand motions, but Caleb obviously prefers the drumstick guitar. Caleb also told Corey that "Yahweh means God", to hear that from my three year old makes me want to stop and sing some praises myself.
So a big thank you to all the people who have helped make his first week of VBS very special and fun. And a big thank you to Big Nanny, AC, CEU, and those special women who have taken care of my little boys all week. Little Canaan has seriously not been held that much in his whole life. And Little Silas's class has even had crafts and activities that follow a daily theme, which helps with the separation anxiety!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
We got to sneak in the back of the Venue during the song time, and I have to say, Caleb was pretty right on with the words and the tune of that song. And that outfit is priceless! Thank God for blogs! I'm sad I missed the rest of the VBS fun.
That should win an award! Too cute!
Hello Sumer Joy. This is my first time to visit and wow- I have a shout out! Sweet blog-sweet family. I'll be back! Already jumped over to your brother's and am so cracking up at his VBS observances!!!
We have forwarded your blog link to Ryan in honor of his move to NYC - he MUST see the future Rock Star in Training!!!!
Very, very cute. Hannah enjoyed watching her "Prince Charming" singing. In little Silas' class, we quickly discovered that the more activities, color sheets, and crafts that we did to keep them busy, the less they cried. So, your son and the others in our class probably brought home more VBS stuff than anyone else at the whole church.
Post a Comment