Saturday, June 7, 2008

As Promised

We have a Saturday morning chocolate chip pancake tradition. The pancakes are good, but the best part is that Corey does the cooking and I get to sleep in until they are ready. I say sleep, but really sleep is hard to come by after the big boys get up - I have discussed Caleb's energy level and he is usually running around pushing his tractor and "mowing the kitchen", Silas is usually crying because messes are hard for Daddy and they have frequent battles over who will be controlling the yogurt spoon. At any rate, I get to stay in bed which is nice. And Caleb likes the be the one to "wake" me up, and yells "momma, the pancakes are ready" from the kitchen all the way up the stairs to my bed. By the time I get down there, Silas has won the yogurt battle and is chowing down on a pancake so he is covered in both - and I have a big plate of pancakes waiting for me.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute. I wish we had that tradition at my house. However, it seems the original Yancey at my house is also the one still in the bed and I'd be the one up making the pancakes. :(

Sumer said...

That is funny, because it is so true. Shane and I were lucky to find amazing selfless spouses that let us sleep in.

Julie said...

That is a great tradition. Tell Corey good job for taking control on Saturday mornings.

Erin said...

Ahh, that sounds nice! What a sweet daddy!

Erin said...

p.s. I know you love the Allen blog and all, but did you know that your Whaley Life link also went to Allen World??? ;)

Big Nanny said...

I'm a little concerned about the sugar intake:) Are those chocolate chips with a little pancake batter on the edges? My girls always want to put chocolate chips on their pancakes and it drives me crazy. I don't know where they came up with this. I love chocolate but not with pancakes:) Just butter on mine please, lots of butter.

Sumer said...

I have fixed the link..thanks Erin!

And Big Nanny, you should know these pancakes are more like fluffy chocolate chip cookies - he uses brown sugar and these little mini chips that make them so yummy. You would like them. If you want to come over some Saturday around 7:30 you can do a taste test. And I do put lots of butter on mine. Corey uses syrup as well, but that really is just too much sugar for me.

Donald Duck said...

Today was my first time to sign into your blog. What a joy it is to keep up with all my great-nephews are doing. They are all so precious.
You are such a wonderful mother and of course Corey is a great dad. Thanks for creating this blog.

Robyn said...

What a great tradition! These pancakes sound yummy!! Especially when you don't have to cook them.