Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tummy Troubles

I could give lots of back story on my morning and how I had to leave VBS sick, but the interesting part of my day began when I heard all the boys crying in the bonus room. Hysterically crying. But since I had just thrown up an hour or so earlier I thought Corey would just have to handle things without me. Then the bonus room door opens, and I hear this conversation as they are making their way up the steps:

Caleb: I want to take a bath.
Corey: Good, because everyone is getting a bath.
Caleb: Why did Silas throw up?

I knew then I was going to have to help, but my first thought was why is he giving Canaan a bath? Giving Silas and Caleb a bath is a chore in itself, there would have to be a good reason for Canaan to be getting one at the same time. Unfortunately, there was a very good reason because as I walk out my bedroom door Corey informs me that Silas has just thrown up on Canaan's face. On his FACE!! And it was blueberries. I am quite the germaphobe especially with my newborns so while this was probably my worst nightmare, I also think God did me a favor because at least I did not have to stress about keeping them separated. I think he had full exposure.

Silas threw up once more before his nap, then he slept for three hours and got up back to his old self. Caleb woke up from his nap throwing up and was yucky until bedtime. He woke up this morning saying "my tummy feels all better." I feel much better today, just in need of nourishment...and Corey is currently laid out on the couch with some tummy issues. Praise the Lord, Canaan has yet to act sick!

While we were giving the boys a bath Corey said, "I wish I could have taken a picture, this is a blog moment." Funny, because I was thinking the same thing.

3 comments:

Shane said...

Sorry you had a bad day, but I am glad that I don't have to see blueberry vomit.

Shawn said...

Get better. It's terrible, but at least quick to leave.

Julie said...

Funny how life turns into "blog moments." Hope you are all feeling better soon.