This week was a strong dose of reality as Corey went back to work. My blogging frequency may take a nose dive during this period of adjustment; being primary caregiver not only fills my days, but it also requires me to go to bed much earlier than I did in the summer when I had
won the right to sleep in everyday. I am borrowing an idea from
another blog to give lots of information about the boys in case you start going through withdrawal...
Caleb (3 years, 5months, 22 days)

I have always heard about the stereotypical three year old all their 'why' questions. I never really understood why all the whys were a big deal, until I got myself a three year old and found out that they really do ask it all day every day and most of the questions are things that I cannot answer. And if I have an answer it usually just leads to more questions. I find myself finally saying either "I don't know" or "just because God wanted it that way" many, many, many times throughout the day.... But besides asking questions, he also likes cars, reenacting scenes from the movie Cars, peanut butter, strawberries, poo-poo treats, jumping off things, whining, swimming, helping, and making up songs. He does not like sharing with his little brother, taking a nap, taking new routes to familar places, or vegetables.
Silas (1 year, 7 months, 11 days)
Mister Mischevious. He has this devilish grin when he knows he did something wrong. This little grin is almost impossible not to laugh at - which I know only encourages the action - so I find myself burying my face in my hands alot. But I was surprised the other day (and a little worried) to find out that he can also be a calculated deviant. As Corey was about to take the dog out he caught him inside the fireplace screen (once again), and told him very sternly that he was not to play in there anymore. I was in the dining room where Silas could not see me, but I saw that he had a very solemn face and looked like he had taken his Dad very seriously. But then, as soon as Corey walked out the front door he headed straight back inside. I said "Silas Dean..." and he quickly turned around and ran as fast as his little legs would take him away from the fireplace. Besides trouble making, he also likes blueberries, dancing, whatever toy Caleb has, reading books, his paci and blanket, climbing, coloring, and dumping things out. He does not like whatever I make for dinner, getting his nose wiped, sharing toys with his brother, or being dropped off in the nursery at church.
Canaan (4 months, 4 days)

I love when babies get old enough to like toys. What a relief, to be able to distract him, even momentarily, with something other than being picked up. I have alot of need for a few extra minutes worth of distraction these days. Besides toys, he also likes eating, being talked to, watching his brothers play, and rolling onto his belly. He does not like being put down for a nap, the nasal aspirator, or big brothers yelling in his face.
4 comments:
Great post, Sum Bum. Love the kid 411. You are going to have to explain "poo poo treats" for me though, I don't think I'm quite familiar with that one.
Girl, that is one heck of a post. Thanks for the updates and I totally understand that your hands are full. My advice - sleep as much as you can whenever you can. :)
I love me some Yates boys!
Too precious! I was cracking up when I read that one of Silas's dislikes is whatever you make for dinner. I had a visual of him throwing food and shaking his head "no"... love you, emi
Post a Comment