Thursday, August 28, 2008

Silly Songs

Caleb has always liked to sing and make up silly songs. At night if you ask him what song he wants you to sing, he will say something like..."a song about the door" or "a song about the curtains" or "a song about the library." He wants you to make up a little ditty about the items in his room, the toy he is playing with, or what we did that day. I stink at this. Corey, however, takes pride in his songs; and when my friend Emi puts Caleb to bed she looks forward to this part...and then she and Corey compare notes later and congratulate themselves on a rhyming job well done. I typically make my songs rhyme by just repeating the same word over and over.

A few weeks ago the Sunday school lesson was on David and how he helped King Saul feel better by playing his harp. The other day I told Caleb that I did not feel good and I needed to rest for a minute. He rushed over to get his guitar so he could make me feel better, "just like David did." Sweet boy melts my heart, and makes me laugh with his crazy lyrics:

  • I don't know why Silas is rough on the baby. I don't know why he sits on him, and why he stands on him.
  • When I say I start with a J, Jaguar tells me I start with a C.
  • I just love Morgan and Erin, but they are just not here.
  • I guess my daddy is mad at my mommy because he does not have a girl.
  • The poor quality video below is a song about being three but wanting to be four...

"Three is just how old I am. I am three, and I dont why I am three. And I still want to be four. Dum di dum"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even at three he has a talent for making up songs.
he may be a song writer someday.

Shawn said...

hilarious....
-shawn

Wags said...

kid after my own heart...

good for him, he already lives in nashvegas. won't have to go far to be a big shot someday. :)

Shawn said...

Shawn, Corey and Caleb should go on the road together.

You'll have to ask Shawn about "Puppy Dog Sleep," "Green Mamba Snake," and my all time favorite..."Poopy In My Pants, Ya'll."

They really are fun for the whole family.
~H

Erin said...

I love this! It looks as though he doesn't expect you to rhyme...that must be a pressure you put on yourself. ;) I feel honored that we were included as inspiration for his lyrics!
I also want to see a post on Shawn's songs! Matt has a 25 year old classic called "Kids are Special Too."

Anonymous said...

Uncle Ryan must SO see this one and realize he is not the only songwriter in the family. The musical legacy lives on!!

Rock on, sweet Caleb, rock on.

Missy said...

Ok, who designed your blog? I love it!