Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Night Away and Some Cereal

I mentioned a few weeks ago that my best friends from college had arranged for Corey and I to stay in a hotel (which they paid for) while they spent the night with the boys. Corey said it was "probably the best birthday gift ever." Canaan was not his usual smiley self due to his shots yesterday, but they came equipped with Tylenol and after a quick dose he was back to normal. He even got up at 4am completely soaked in pee-pee (clothes, blanket, sheets and all) just for them. I heard that the big boys did great, and they were so excited for more play time that they got up at 5:45 this morning. I did love hearing that the first thing Caleb said when he got up was "I had fun with you last night", and that one of my friends was okay with getting up that early because she was actually "excited to play with Silas some more." Not that I didn't really love these girls before, but that kind of devotion to my children takes my feelings for both of them to a whole new level.


When we got home there were the the initial excited squeals, grins, and hugs, but the whining and boundary pushing quickly began. What Pop always says is true, a child's age is cut in half when their mother is around. The only one who would agree to be in the photo was Canaan.

The baby also got to start some cereal today, and I have to say the kid likes to eat. He is the first of my three to actually smile and have fun during the initial introduction to cereal. As you can see, the others were a little resistant to change.
Canaan
Silas (where is your bib?)

Caleb

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful friends you have. They really love you a lot.You are so blessed.

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time with your three boys! I love you (and Corey). Blessings, Katie

Erin said...

Wow, now THOSE are some good friends! :)