Nonetheless, today, he surprised me. I threw down his clothes, and asked if he could put them on while I got Silas dressed. No whining, no hesitation, he immediately got to the task at hand. And, of course, starts supplying me with a play-by-play of the action just to make sure I am still paying at least some attention to him. Pajama pants off, pajama top off, nighttime pull-up off, underwear on, shorts on, and then a major road block with the shirt starts the whining. I, however, am so impressed with the progress he has made to this point. I quickly finish up with Silas and rush down to give lots of praise for all his hard work. And then I run into my own road block. He is a very sensitive child, and getting him to do this much by himself has been a big accomplishment, so how do I tell him that he did something majorly wrong with his shorts?
How in the world did he get them on that way? Am I really going to take him to the grocery store like this? Oh yes, I am. I asked gently one time if he wanted me to fix his shorts, he quickly informed me there was nothing wrong with them. Ok then, shirt on, snap a few pictures for the blog, and away we go.
Later I discovered that his underwear were also on backwards. Maybe I have been giving this little man a fish for way too long.


6 comments:
Too funny! That's hilarious that you went to the grocery store with him dressed like that! And amen to the fact that it's just easier to do it yourself sometimes! I never would have done that with Taylor, but once Jackson came along, you gotta do what you gotta do!
That's hilarious! I'm not sure how to jump the shirt hurdle, either. I put Morgan's shorts on yesterday with two legs in one hole! She actually does a better job of it by herself!
I mean that is the most precious thing I have ever seen. Thanks for the great pictures. It is the highlight of my day
Thanks for sharing! I needed that laugh! How did you keep from laughing?
HA HA HA! TOO CUTE! I love it. I have taken many a pic of Silas with undies on backwards... and much to my shagrin he can change WHEN HE WANTS TO (but we still get the whining when I want him to)... and usually he is too lazy to take what was on previously off... so 7 pairs of PJ pants it is...
The shorts are just too funny. It is so much easier to pick your battles, and often, clothes is not one I choose to tackle. We have more of a matching challenge with my little miss independent because gone are the days when I picked out her clothes. It is much easier just to do it yourself, I agree whole-heartedly.
Post a Comment