Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Muddy Crackers

The big boys and I made some puppy chow. I thought it would be a fun little activity, but mainly I was just craving those crunchy bite-size pieces of chocolate and peanut butter.



Caleb got to stir the real batch, while Silas stirred a bowl of rice chex and powdered sugar. They both thought it was lots of fun, but Caleb asked why Silas's was not "muddy" like his.




I told him the name several times, but when Corey came home Caleb was so excited to tell him that we made "muddy crackers". Poor child, he gets it honest, last year at Christmas I called a friend to ask if she had the recipe for "that dog food stuff."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's good at making up names. Like the time he called Jackson Boo-Boo boy because he had a scratch on his face. He's the reason we call Poppyseed Chicken, Chicken and Crackers. Granola, Nutri-Grain, and Fiber bars are all now know as Cookie Bars.

-Daddy

Anonymous said...

It is funny how they come up with their own names. Your cookie bars are known as snack bars at our house. From the cars, Shane didn't realize yellow car had a name until yesterday. After seeing your post you've got me wanting some "puppy chow".

CEU said...

A boy after my own heart. Whenever I don't remember, I just make them up too. My SIL makes that too and it is so yummy. I may need an official recipe.

Erin said...

Mmmm, I love that dog food stuff! Remember how last time you shared it with me so it wouldn't get stale? Yeah, remember that?! ;)
They look like they had fun...good job making it a fun stay at home day. And we had poppyseed chicken last night and called it chicken and crackers because of Caleb.

Anonymous said...

They look so sweet and innocent. I love the fact that Caleb comes up with his own ideas and names for
things.I can hardly wait for Silas to start talking sentences.No telling what he will come up with