This weekend while we were away, my friend
Heather gave me a few pointers on telling your children what you want them to do, instead of always telling them not to do something. The example she gave was instead of saying "don't run", tell them "we walk inside the classroom." I immediately put this into practice when I got home, and I have spent the last few days saying things like...
We only sit on the bed if Canaan is on it.
Our tushie stays on the chair.
We are gentle with the baby.
Our cup stays on the table.
Our plate stays on the table.
Our food stays on our plate.
And then I started to think I was getting good at having
positive communication with my children...I even gave Corey a brief lesson in how to be a terrific parent like me. Because, I think I am now probably the best mother ever.
But all it took was Corey having to work one day and my attempting to do a fun new paint project to remind me that I am actually still
a work in progress.
Caleb actually did have a really good time painting with his cars, he just also got a lesson in how mommies have to apologize sometimes too.

Silas was really not so sure about the whole thing and pretty much just wreaked havoc...as usual! ;)
6 comments:
Good for you for applying some of our newfound Ridgecrest knowledge! And you're becoming quite the enjoyable blog read!
I am very impressed you attempted the painting with cars. :)
Mommy of the Year!!!
Seriously, you deserve a big piece of chocolate cake or something for attempting the paint w/cars.
This is why you send your children to MDO...so they can paint;) You were feeling inspired by your weekend of learning.
I, too, feel inspired by Ridgecrest and want to do more with my kids. Good for you!!
Just had to add that today we, too, tried a Ridgecrest idea, and made egg shakers with various materials: rice, macaroni noodles, beads, buttons, etc. Turns out that all Morgan wanted to do was dump the rice all over the floor and play in it while I filled the shakers!
Post a Comment