Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the Dentist

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;
but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7 KJV

On his first ever trip to the dentist, Caleb was definitely not happy about being there - but on his second visit he was pretty much just scary out of control. there was alot of crying, thrashing, and biting during that trip. Therefore, I have been dreading this return third trip for the past six months, because if each visit brought a worse reaction someone was really going to get hurt this time. On our way, I spoke the verse above over him a couple of times because I knew that fear was a big part of the problem; and since he seemed crazy the last time I figured he was also in desperate need of a sound mind.

Things started off well. His dentist office puts some amusement parks to shame, especially since it is all free. He played games, rode rides, and made new friends.

But the best part was that things went just as smoothly in the chair! He was calm, there were no injuries, no 'can't you control your child' dirty looks, and he even got to pick out a toy at the end for being such a good patient. (They wanted to give him a toy last time, but I refused to reward that behavior.)

Really, just nothing short of a miracle!

For the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

So is My Word that goes out from My mouth:It will not return to Me empty,but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

The dentist did inform me that since he would be 4 at our next visit it would involve x-rays and a more thorough cleaning more like what adults have. I should probably go ahead and start praying.

6 comments:

Shawn said...

Isaiah 55:11! That's where that verse is! I've been quoting that verse a lot lately and for the life of me didn't know where it was.

Thanks Bible Buddy!

Erin said...

Wow! The Word really is powerful! I'm so glad that the dreaded visit is over and that it went miraculously smooth.

Julie said...

We made our first visit to that office too last week. Alyssa did surprisingly well in my opinion, though we did not make it through the Xrays. They said, she gave it a good try and they would do it again next time. So worst case, maybe he can just try. Yeah for the free rides too.

Robyn said...

He looked so proud of himself and his special prize for being a good boy! Taylor is due for an appointment soon. I'm not aware of any x-rays. That will be interesting! We'll be speaking some scripture too!

Meredith said...

I'm so glad it went well. That's encouraging.

Anonymous said...

We serve an awesome God
I am so proud of my grandson
shows he is growing up