For the grandparents, I will begin with one of Canaan's three month pictures. The rest of this post has little to do with the grandbabies so feel free to move onto something else now.
Some of you may not know that I recently returned home from a four day trip to a Sunday school conference at Ridgecrest. A four day trip without my kids! Yes, Corey stayed home with all three kids by himself! Obviously, he survived...but I would say he did so much more than that. The house was far from a disaster, he went to the grocery store, laundry was done, and they actually got out of the house and did some fun stuff. I am proud of my husband, and the husbands of the other five mothers with young children at home that went with me.
Really, it could have been a conference on watching paint dry, and I think I still would have had a great time. I got to sit and eat three meals a day without having to get up to get anything for anybody, I was able to sit through a sermon without rocking a carseat or digging for a pacifier, and I got to hear Melissa sing...a rare treat for me these days and worth the six hour drive.
And for the ladies who went with me, I am not often a wearer of funny pants - unless I am telling an embarassing story about myself - but I so enjoyed watching all of you prance around with them on. Some of the highlights...
- Look at that mom eating with her baby, lets all point and laugh.
- That smelled like a port-a-potty at the petting zoo.
- But this time you wont be running from a homeless man, it will be a black bear.
- I have actually never been car sick until today.
- Do you want a cookie?
- It was like she had just handed over the American Sign Language in a bag.
And thank you ladies for my first birthday party in a long time. And thanks, Big Nanny, for letting us tag along and reminding us that what we do each week is a privilege and blessing (diaper changing, nose wiping, and all).



7 comments:
Yeah, I wanted to call Corey all weekend, but since I was home alone and he was with 3 boys I felt like it would be bragging to call.
Oh you wear funny pants, my friend. I'm here reading those bullet points for the second time this morning and they keep getting funnier every time.
I second that. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time thinking about the "cookie" story...oh how much more you could elaborate if it were appropriate.
p.s. Great job, Corey...very impressive.
Okay, for the record, let me say this...
I was bored. I once sat alone in my room and read my People magazine. And I got lost 15 times walking places by myself.
Why didn't I get an invite to the party?
Oh yeah...cuz I was singing in and ushering in the Holy Spirit. Shoot. Well, I guess somebody's gotta do it.
Melissa
P.S. Was I the lady sitting with her baby that you all wanted to point and laugh at? Cuz I wanted to laugh at myself.
P.S.S.
Thanks for the compliment. I'm all moody and fat today and so I needed that.
Did I miss something about a cookie?
Lots of people are wearing their big ol' funny pants at my expense!
It was great fun and I'm really glad Corey survived!
Sooo funny!! I think we will laugh about that weekend for a long time!
I love Canaan's three month picture. He is so handsome! Love you, Katie
Post a Comment