Thursday, July 24, 2008

Consignment

A good friend had an extra pass to the worker's night at a local consignment sale. I usually do not do alot of consignment shopping because our clothes need to last through three little boys; therefore, I dont want to put money in clothes that have already gone a couple of rounds with somebody else's kids. But I had heard that there was good stuff available on the worker's night, so I thought it was worth a try. I was not expecting the long line of people outside waiting to get in with their clothes hamper shopping baskets in tow. Apparently there are alot of workers, or at least alot of people handing out worker passes. I dont usually shop at department stores either because it is too overwhelming for me, I dont do well flipping through the rack...this was a little better in that the clothes were grouped by size, but a little worse in that there was no air conditioning, alot of people pressing in around me, and the line to checkout was as long as the line to get in. It was way too stressful for me to make any good decisions. My friend ended up with a huge pile of clothes for less than $100, and I ended up with this... And a toy where you use a hammer to beat down the bedbugs, because we were really in need of another toy with a hammer at our house.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Those kinds of lines and racks full of too many options overwhelm me, too. But I think you came out with 2 very nice choices...I'm sure the boys are happy with them!

Shane said...

Any day that you go home with a Spiderman costume is a good day.

Robyn said...

You know I love some consignment. However, not enough to fit crowds of other moms.

Anonymous said...

I love a good consignment sale as well. You probably got the best thing in the whole sale with the Spiderman outfit, though. Just curious, where do you get your clothes if you don't do dept. stores or consignment sales?

Anonymous said...

I need to put Sam in his Spiderman costume and let them play "Superheroes" together. Hugs, Katie