- Of course, my husband for listening, and making my entire weekend very special.
- Caleb for the special racetracks you drew on my cards and for my yellow cake with chocolate icing, Silas for a card so beautifully decorated, and Canaan for lots of sweet smiles today
- Pop and Nana for watching our boys so we could go out last night and making me a yummy dinner and kahlua cake...and, of course, thanks for my gift!
- Once again, the Ridgecrest crew for throwing Angela and I a surprise party...thanks Ashley and Heather for my gifts and thanks Erin, Robyn, Terezia, and Kari for getting the stuff and setting it all up. That was one nice balloon! Definitely worth $9, sorry that I left it behind but I dont think we had room for it.
- Thanks, June and Melissa (who I dont think actually read the blog) for my sweet surprises today that made the day feel extra special
- Thanks to Shane for remembering to call me early enough in the day that I did not have to call and ask why you haven't called me yet...and thanks for a gift to come!
- Nathan for wishing me a happy birthday, just hearing you say "aunt Sumer" makes my day brighter
- Thanks to Aunt Mary, Sandy, Granny, Kathy, and Aunt Teresa for phone calls, cards, and gifts that also make the day seem extraordinary
- Mom Brenda for the phone call, and the promise of a card in the mail. ;)
- And a big fat thank you to my sweet college friends, Katie and Emi, who not only gave up a Sunday morning with their families to come to church with me and help me teach a room full of 2 year olds about Jesus (with as much passion as if they were their own kids), and took me out to lunch, but they also gave me one the best gifts you could give me these days. To arrange a night for Corey and I to spend away, knowing that our kids will have a great time hanging out in the comfort of their own house with two super fun and silly mommies who love them, is an amazing gift. Thank you.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Birthday
Corey and I have been married almost ten years (next Friday), and it is only recently I learned that if I would tell him exactly what I wanted then I would not be disappointed. This means no big surprises, but it also means no tears at the end of the day. And around here, that is an accomplishment! Today was a really good day overall, and I have alot of people to thank...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30 club! ;)
You are very welcome. It was our pleasure... And Nana has told me that if I would just read her mind, everything would be terrific. Still working on that... :-)
Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment