Saturday, September 13, 2008

What A Difference A Week Makes

No tears at soccer this week! And even better he sat patiently on the blanket/dugout, cheered for his team, and scored three goals.


The first score was all on his own. Afterwards he ran off the field, and said "Mom, did you know I could do that?" Of course, I did. (Really I had no idea, and it all very exciting)


The second was the final kick of a drive made by another little boy on our team. He hesitated by the goal and Caleb swooped in and made the score. That poor child was not thrilled.


And the third score came at the end of the game, when he got it to the net but not at the right angle. So he "had to" pick up the ball and move it over a few inches in order to kick it in the net. Rules are meant to be broken, right?




One of his teammates had a birthday this week, so the promise of cupcakes after the game was good motivation...


A parent on the other team brought a cowbell. A cowbell. At a three year old soccer game. Really folks, there are only twenty people on the sidelines and your child is twenty feet away from you the whole time. A cowbell is not necessary. Unless, of course, it is ringing for the red team.

1 comment:

Shane said...

Were the cowbell people Mississippi State fans? I will never forget riding in a subway in Atlanta with a car full of people wearing maroon and ringing their cowbells. It was not a pleasant experience.

As for moving the ball do they call penalties? Did the other team get a free kick because of the handball?

These are things I need to know.