Shane, I do have some very sweet video of my kids to post. I know you have been asking for a mention of the boys at some point soon. They are next! But first...This is Hana Tlahun. She is 13 years old. She has completed 2nd grade. Her mother died, and her father has leprosy. She has 2 sisters and 2 brothers. She will spend the summer learning English, playing games, making crafts, and hearing Bible stories from Genesis to Revelations.
If she goes to boarding school, she will be an icon in her family. The hope for future generations. And Corey and I, along with her sponsoring family, will pour into her love and reminders of her value to the God who knew her name before time began.
I have been busy. Very busy lately. And when our number of profiles doubled a couple of weeks ago, I was overwhelmed. But when I look at the stack of 90 children already sponsored, and look at the sweet clothes and backpacks and school supplies being dropped off at Heather's house, I am reminded that these are not just pieces of paper. They are children. These are lives forever changed both for the families sponsoring them, and the children going to school and about to experience a bed and three meals a day for the first time ever.
I am reminded of what Corey said at sponsorship night. He used to always love Jeremiah 29:11, and take comfort it applying it to himself. It is good to know that God has a plan and purpose for our lives. But it is even better to now be part of God's plan and purpose for someone else. A recent Bible study said it like this, "We are God's plan to show the goodness of God to those that are suffering. We are God's plan, and He has no other plan."
I look at Hana's beautiful almond shaped eyes, and I take comfort in knowing that God has a plan and a purpose for her. Are you part of that plan? If so, send me an email: sumjyates@hotmail.com.


1 comment:
Clearly, we had the same idea today (even down to Corey's verse choice)! I'm so excited for sweet Hana and the other 90+ sponsored kids! Your busyness and determination now are making an eternal impact in their lives.
Post a Comment