Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Recap - the 4th

We had a last minute 4th of July party at our house this year. Normally, we spend the 4th with my family in Kentucky...but my nephew was born in Alabama two days earlier so Nana was at his house instead of her own! That makes five little boys between my brother and I, and I am amazed at how different they all are - I cannot even imagine what sweet Noah is going to add to the mix.



But back to our party. Or basically just the toys from the garage put in the backyard along with a couple of kiddie pools, and a pack of those little snap pop things!



Luckily, we invited friends with yummy pork butts and family recipes to share so there was at least lots of good food to go around.



The boys had a great time playing in the backyard...


And apparently the highlight of the party was when the roller coaster got moved over to the hill along the side of our house...had I known about this beforehand I am not sure I would have gone for it, but it was not until I got these pictures (thanks to my photographers by the way) that I understood what was happening out there.
By the end of the evening Caleb and Silas were tired and cranky and not up for the fireworks which was disappointing because I thought Caleb was going to be very excited about seeing them - maybe next year!

5 comments:

KY Nana said...

Looks like Silas enjoyed the rollercoaster even if Mom didn't. Looks like fun to me. I sure miss you guys

Erin said...

That roller coaster on the hill was a sure fire way to tire them out. Did you know that ALL the kids were running up and down the hill following the one on the coaster? If I ever need to guarantee a good, long nap time, I may invite myself over for more roller coaster time. (More pork butt would also guarantee that Mommy would get a good nap, too!)

Alli said...

Watch out--looks like Silas liked the rush. Xtreme sports in his future?

Meredith said...

The actions shots of Silas are great! Sounds like a fun Fourth of July, even without fireworks.

Big Nanny said...

Boy, I go away for a few days and you suddenly have lots of time for blogging...maybe I take up too much of your time. I'm kind of high maintenance:)