The big news on Caleb this summer was probably that he made some huge advances in the pool, thanks in no small part to Mr. Matt. I was actually able to sit on the side of the pool the other day and talk to a friend while Caleb played in the shallow end (his being able to touch helps alot!). Something I had not done at the pool in about four years!

Besides jumping in, he loves to dive down and get the diving sticks. And no, I did not take up photography over the summer. Any fancy pictures you see on this blog are usually thanks to Erin!

Probably the biggest news in the house has been that we now have another little boy who is able to stash his plastic pirate sword (when I thought through the rest of the sentence I thought I should be very specific) in big boy undies!! That Silas, marches to his own drum and pretty much just decided on his own that he wanted to starting using the potty. And still sometimes decides against it as well, but for the most part he is doing great!

Oh, and my Canaan. Sweet hurri-Canaan. This child is a destructive, and stubborn force in our house. But he loves a ball in a way that reminds me a Caleb at this age, and he will pick that little ball up and hit it off the tee and keep himself entertained for a good while. Until he notices that I am at the computer, and so he will have to drop everything to come over and pinch me and hit the keyboard buttons and whine at my feet for a good while as well.

But he also gives kisses when you ask for them which melts my heart. Just be careful, he also bites!
6 comments:
I am so proud of Caleb being able to swim and Silas for wearing big boy
pants.
Canaan is one of a kind. He is so inquizzitive(sp).Faster than a speeding bullet.
Yeah, Caleb! Way to go!!!
I love that Spider-man slipper look Canaan is sporting!
Wow!--lots of growing up is going on in your family! Time flies... I had to laugh at the last, though--somehow they always know when you are at the computer, and they HATE it. What's the deal with not letting Mommy have 5 minutes?
Those are some sweet boys you have there. And look at you, two posts in one week!!
So funny about the pirate sword in the undies.
Thanks for the shout out. ;)
"Hurri-Canaan"...hadn't heard that before - cute. All 3. Cute!
And sweet Silas, he must have wanted to save his mommy's nerves and go ahead and potty train while Daddy was home for the summer. That was very thoughful of him!
Post a Comment