Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First T-Ball Game

I will start by saying that at our first practice it was really hard for Caleb to understand that he could not always be the one to get the ball. This led to alot of Caleb yelling "I got it", followed by frustrated tears and whining. After practice Corey sat him down and had a nice talk about taking turns and being on a team, he finished his speech with reminding him that "most importantly, there is no crying in baseball." So I have to say I was very proud of my little boy tonight...he would always run for the balls, but if he did not get to them first he would turn and yell to me that he was "taking turns". He even ran over to the fence and told me that tonight he was not going to cry. (We did have one brief crying spell, but he bounced back quick.) And then he finally got to the ball first, he held it up in the air with this huge smile on his face and screamed "I got it Momma, I got it" - everyone else was screaming for him to throw it to first. I was so happy for him I literally almost cried. I am in big trouble when sports get more serious.





I do have to say that Caleb is actually better at hitting a ball out of the air than he is off a tee, but overall it is the helmet that gave him the most trouble. For most children the helmets are too big, but not Caleb. He has a good size melon like both of his parents. The coaches have to pull the sides apart to get the helmet on his head, but then it slowly slides off like he is trying to wear a tobogan that is too small.



I had to post this picture, I know you can barely see him but this is Caleb walking over to tell the other team "good game". How cute is that?

And in case you are wondering, Canaan slept the whole time which was great! However, Silas was enough trouble for both of them. For those of you who know him well, you know that fun-loving little fella can hardly be contained. I spent most of the night trying to keep him from falling off the bleachers that he insisted (he is a screamer) on climbing. I am not sure if these games will always be a family affair or not!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly believe he's old enough to play t-ball. That is precious. Now I want to come see him play.

Erin said...

That is TOO cute! I also felt a little tear emerge in my eye when you talked about him yelling to you from the field...so sweet. He seems like such a big boy now.

Erin said...

p.s. I saw that you removed the blurry letters after Big Nanny's protest. :)

Sumer said...

Yes, Big Nanny, I went and figured out how to remove blurry letters just for you.

Julie said...

I am now an official stalker of your life. I think it is only fair.

Anonymous said...

T-Ball is a scream! Let us know Caleb's schedule, so we can come see support the little guy. Katie

Anonymous said...

Nathan says "Run Caleb." "Play T-ball!"