We have decided to sell our house. A couple of months ago, Corey wrote an anonymous article for the church website about his reasons why...
God told us to sell our house and He has chosen not to tell us why. Nothing about that feels right. Nothing about that fits with anything I’ve ever imagined for me and my family. The house is perfect; perfect location near friendly neighbors and friends a neighborhood away. The savings accounts are started, the insurance is in place. That’s what the dream is about, right? That’s why I made the grades I did. That’s why I work like I do. That’s what God wanted for me, right? It’s the perfectly comfortable cozy suburban life. It’s like I just tucked myself into bed, rolled over and fit my head into perfect sleeping position on the pillow and was almost dreaming peacefully. But then I hear a noise that I can’t explain away. I can lay there and pretend I didn’t hear it, I can try to make it fit any number of sounds that it almost sounded like, or I can get up, check on the kids, check the doors and windows, reset the alarm and try to return to the peace that was bedtime.
I can’t plan the purchases of a more comfortable chair or a high-definition TV anymore. I can’t joyfully picture my kids, 5 or 10 years down the road, playing in the backyard or bounding down the steps 4 at time. It would be like lying in bed pretending I didn’t hear the potentially dangerous noise. There is no peace in that and there is no peace in choosing my ways over God’s ways. If I truly believe that God is more interested in my character than my comfort, then I must choose to obey Him rather than look for a way to fit God into the life I think I want.
So, we’re selling our house or at least getting it ready to sell. Call it a step of faith or call it crazy, I’ve called it both. All I know is that next December I want to be closer to God than I am now even if that means sacrificing the blessings God gave us and stepping into an unknown future. I always thought people that who heard from God in some way and decided to act on it were super spiritual and always joyful to get a message, but maybe they just couldn’t sleep peacefully anymore.
There are some big changes in store for our family over this next year...come back in a couple of days for more details!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a blessing to a mom to know her son longs to be closer to God no matter what!
It is awesome how Corey and you are so willing to obey God's calling. You are very special people.Sumer your Mom and Dad would be so proud of you.I am so very proud of you.Corey you are amazing. I love you guys so much
well said, Corey.....you are a good man.
-shawn
Post a Comment