Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Africa

This was the latest itinerary provided to us. We have been told to be flexible, so these things may change, but I wanted you all to have an idea of where we are going each day so you could pray specifically for the children we are with.

Thank you all so much for your support of this trip, I will try to update while I am gone, but no promises!

FYI: Ethiopia is nine hours ahead of Nashville.

Dec. 30th: DEPART the States for Africa!

Dec. 31st: Arrive in Addis Ababa, head to the Ethiopia Guest Home to sleep.

Jan. 1st: Head to Addis Ababa airport and depart to Entebbe, arriving at 12:45 PM. Proceed by bus to Jinja (3 hours with Entebbe traffic). Check into King Fisher Lodge and head to Katie Davis’ house to help assemble the food and shoes for the feeding program the next day.

Jan. 2 – Amazima all day!

Jan. 3 - Church with Katie from Amazima, afternoon with Canaan’s Children Home.

Jan. 4 – Feed Karamajong people with Amazima and then head to Canaan’s Children Home. (Thompson Station group will depart for New Hope Uganda orphanage in Kisana/Kiwoko).

Jan. 5 – Spend morning packing and visit source of the Nile. Head into Entebbe or Kampala (depending on route) for quick shopping, arriving at the airport by 3:30 for our 6:30 PM flight out. Arrive in Addis and head to Ethiopia Guest Home.

Jan. 6 - Mother Theresa’s HIV orphanage.

Jan. 7 – Ephraim’s Post Office Street Kids (soccer and meal) and children living in the dumps.

Jan. 8 - Kingdom Vision International orphanage. Afternoon with America World Transitional Home. Group 1 departs for the States at 10:00 PM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you all! I am praying for you and cannot wait to hear all that the Lord used you for and allowed you to accomplish with Him. I know lots of love will be spread! Thanks for the details. I love them and printed them out for my prayer times for you all!

Love,
Tracey