I had accepted the fact that altough I might not ever actually find the ring, I would not be able to vacuum out or sell my van until it was found.
All those car snack crumbs accumulate quickly, and several months of no vacuuming plus a couple of weeks of laziness in not picking up the trash made for one disgusting van. Everytime I got in there I was irritated. And I will admit that when I am irritated, I typically find a way to take it out on my husband.
I had been wanting to really let him have it about the disgusting van for about a week now..."why do you not take care of this, don't you think I have enough to do already?" I like to deem the cars as his job...okay, really I like to deem any job that I do not want to do as his job.
But then today God prompted me to just clean the van out myself. I let the boys play outside, and I picked up almost an entire trashbag worth of trash off the floor of the car. And then...
I move the front seat all the way forward, and tilted it up as high as it would go. As always I am looking for my ring but find nothing. I walk around to the other side of the car to put some trash in the trashbag. As I walk back around to finish cleaning out under that seat, I throw up a half-a-second "sure would be nice to find my ring" prayer....
And there it was! Laying in the middle of the floorboard, the same place where I had just been cleaning and had seen nothing. Like someone had come along and just laid it down in that spot. And as I bent my head down to say "thank you" to the one who answers even the smallest of prayers, I was reminded once again that God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
And humbly doing whatever it is myself, is always a better idea than getting mad at my husband.


7 comments:
YEAH for finding your ring! I lost my center stone of my ring the night before I had Graham. We had just had the prongs checked 2 weeks prior.(My mom had also wrecked my car that day!)Long story about the numerous places I was that evening, but Michael found it laying in the grout of our tile right in front of our kitchen sink!
Awesome! God's little reward for your humbleness. ;)
And what a gorgeous ring to have lost! So glad God gave it back to you...in His perfect timing!
I just love the way God works. Of course, sometimes, its easier to say that when he's working in the lives of others :)
I forgot to tell you, your brother does the same thing. I can't tell you how many times we're riding down the road and I hear plink, plink as Shane drops his ring. He plays with his all the time. Is that a Yancey thing?
Goes to prove that God cares about all things.the smallest to the largest.
He is good All the time.
Glad you found your ring. I know how much it means to you
I'm glad to hear your day improved and what a way to improve! I love His little surprises....
Post a Comment