But I wanted to take a quick minute to tell you about the new best friend that I made while I was away from my computer.
Some of you may think I am talking about Big Nanny. But really people, she thinks you should put babies to sleep on their bellies. And I am rule follower. It would never work between us.
Some of you may think I am talking about Alicia. And while she is great, I think the fact that I go to Dave Matthews concerts will always keep us apart.
Must be that sweet AH who works so tirelessly in the church office doing most of my job for me, right? But no. I think she gets enough of me on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights and holidays when she is supposed to be on a break from work. She is not looking for anything more in our relationship.
So now you think, it must be Checkers. Know that I would be almost worthless in the creative side of preschool ministry without her, and she does bring me near constant entertainment, but she already has a best friend, and I don't like competition.
And no, it is not Erin. I love that girl and would gladly give her the title, but you can't really consider her "new".
Plus none of them ever made me things. See my new best friend made me these (for dirt cheap in my opinion)...



And these (for free I might add)...

Which are waterproof lined, velcro closing, washable little snack bags that make me smile everytime I fill them with goldfish or pirates booty.
And all that was good, and it all brought me happiness. But really, she sealed the deal and became an answer to my prayers when she signed on to be a one year teacher after having been at my church about five minutes and even on the Sunday before the pastor gave the "you people need to be serving" sermon.
Her status, as best friend and teacher, is still pending a background check, of course!


8 comments:
love those pictures with their meanings of their names. you have to give me the hookup.
oh, we absolutely dig Dave Matthews. been to 2 concerts, both times hugely pregnant.
but, I am a tried and true rule breaker. my babies are tummy sleepers, too!
I better make you something quick so that sweet lady doesn't steal my title! But, then again, you don't seem to appreciate my love of Brandy... ;)
Very cute and clever post, and the frames are gorgeous! Can't wait to see where you hung them.
haha so funny:) I might have to do a poll on my blog because I'm not the only one who believes in putting babies to sleep on their bellies. See Pam up there agrees.
For the record, I don't know anything at all about Dave Matthews or his concerts except what you've shared. Ignorance is bliss...I guess.
I've never been one for pop culture. Shocking, I know.
You're on my "top friend" list, just because you're awesome and sweet and God's allowed us to partner together for such a time as this! :-)
Someone's wearing their funny pants this morning!
~H
I would say this person is a keeper. I love the pictures and am excited to see them this weekend
One... you are SOO funny. Cracking me up!
Two... pictures are beautiful. Someone could be in BIG business once they clear the background check.
Those turned out beautiful!!!
Post a Comment