Monday, April 13, 2009

The Rock Crushers

Caleb is playing soccer. Or so I have been told. Between teaching class on Monday nights, and a birthday party last week I have not actually seen him play.

But my husband is playing the part of single dad with three small children beautifully, and has been getting them ready and taking them to all the games and practices.

Except for this weeks game when I had both sets of keys with me. A fact we did not discover until after all three small children were dressed and strapped into their seats, and it was fifteen minutes to game time, and I was thirty minutes away. Sorry, honey. I love you.

But I have heard about it from several reliable sources that there is some serious soccer going on. And I have seen pictures of the Kung Fu Panda moves on the field...

And the rumor is my Caleb does like to get out there and run around...

And I have heard straight from his 4-year old mouth that he loves Coach Checkers because he makes funny animal noises when the kids hit him with the ball. His company also sponsored the team which is how we ended up with such a cool team name.

And from what I hear, that other coach with "the list" is pretty cool too! And his wife and all her yummy candies and back up snacks and pictures have been a blessing to us all during this busy soccer season.

And so needless to say, I will be praying for a sunny Saturday to come next week so I will finally get a chance to see my kung fu soccer player in action!

3 comments:

Alli said...

Caleb looks like a champ! Man, he was going after that ball! I bet it really burns some energy. Now, if you could just sign the other two up...

Ky Nana said...

Looks like a go getter to me.Probably going to be good at anything he does.Love the uniforms. it is my favorite color

Meredith said...

Love the Kung Fu Panda poses!