Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Brief Message

Caleb and I had a rough morning, and a very rough trip to Target. I have had many bad Target trips, but this one was probably the worst. No need to go into all the ugly details, because they will just raise my blood pressure and rob me of my God given peace. But on the way home the conversation went something like this...

Me: Caleb, Mommy is not happy with the way you acted in Target. I need you to be quiet for the rest of the ride home. (I will admit this was not said with a nice tone.)

Caleb: (Also in a very mean tone) You are making me lose my patience. You are pushing my buttons [brief pause for thought], on my imaginary remote control.

Yes, of course, because what other buttons would I be pushing?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I would've had a hard time not laughing at that one, no matter how mad I was at the moment.

Alli said...

HAhaha! That's hilarious! Did you crack a smile, even though you were mad? Or did it make the blood boil even more? Those are my 2 reactions when John says ridiculous stuff like that.

Whenever I say "You're pushing my buttons!" I will think of that now and probably crack up, even if I'm exasperated. Thanks, Caleb!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I wasn't in the car with you. I know I would have laughed.But I guess when you are unhappy with his actions,it isn't near as funny

Amber said...

I love that! I sometimes wonder what Garrett is thinking when I say things like, "I will not tell you again!" He's probably glad I'm going to stop repeating myself!

Shawn said...

Love.it.
So encouraging to hear that other people have those kinds of trips to Target occasionally too.
~H

Erin said...

Thanks for the update. I've missed reading what's going on with the five of you. I'm glad things are interesting as usual! Gotta love the blog to archive the crazy things they say. That's one of the best!