Four days away. Hard to believe.
The reality of what that means overwhelms me at times. I was asked tonight what I would miss most, other than friends and family. I will miss comfort and ease. Going to the grocery story is easy. Going to the doctor is easy. I am comfortable in my house (or actually these days I am comfortable at Checkers house), comfortable in my church, comfortable with my friends.
The drive thru at Chik-fil-A is way too easy. I will miss Chik-fil-A.
I will miss the allusions of control in my life.
But from the beginning of all this, God made me a promise. Driving down the road, feeling like we were crazy for even considering to sell our house when we had no idea why. God gave me a promise for our next house...
'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house.' says the Lord Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' says the Lord Almighty. Haggai 2:9
Please be praying for us during this transition time, Caleb in particular is showing some signs of anxiety through his speech, and he has talked to us alot about missing his friends and family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
i'm sorry but thankful that you are faithful in your commitment in what God has planned for you. i will especially pray for sweet caleb. he holds a special place in my heart...always.
This post makes me cry. The reality of what you all are truly giving up is mind-blowing. And sweet Caleb...that promise for peace in the next house is for him, too.
Sumer - We are praying ofr you guys...to God be the glory! I am so amazed at how God is using you. Your faithfulness is amazing, mit blesses me and reminds me who is in control. Thanks! Can't wait to see what happens on your journey. Will lift up little Caleb...
The Yates size hole in my heart will keep me on my knees for you guys.
~H
Post a Comment