Friday, November 20, 2009

Packing List

My trip to Africa has some very specific packing requirements. I am supposed to check two 50 pound bags of items to give away to the children at the orphanages that we are visiting, and I am supposed to pack all of my items for our ten-day stay in a 15 pound carry-on. Is that really even possible? I guess I will find out soon enough!

More importantly though, I need your help gathering the supplies to fill one of the checked duffel bags. We would like to give each child a box of crayons while we are there, and we are hoping to collect at least 500 boxes!

If you see any of the 8-count boxes of Crayola crayons while you are out doing your Christmas shopping would you pick them up for me? Especially those of you who live in a different area than I do - or are traveling to a different area over the holiday! I have bought the local Target, Wal-Mart, and Publix out of their packages and they are not too quick on the restock.


Remember due to weight restrictions and the number of boxes we need, they have to be the 8-count box!!

6 comments:

Meredith said...

We'll definitely keep an eye out. Can't wait to see you guys!

Ky Nana said...

Well do the same

Erin said...

The flat rate boxes for the Glenns could only weigh 20 pounds, and it was tough! But I think as long as you aren't packing 5 pound jars of peanut butter and syrup, you'll be ok. Cotton, lots of cotton clothes!

Ky Nana said...

I got 17 boxes of crayons. All wal-mart had. said they would get more tomorrow

Meredith said...

Any idea how many you have yet?

Sumer said...

With the numbers that I have heard from people so far, and then number that I have already bought I would guess we are about halfway there...we probably have between 200-300.