Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Not for the weak of stomach...

I went away to a conference for two days last week. The night before I left Caleb threw up in his bed, I left it to my husband to clean that up so that I would not be unnecessarily exposed to any viruses before my trip.


No more throw up happened, but there were some poopy issues. Lots of them from what I understand. A big thanks to Pop and Nanny for dealing with those while I was away and Corey was at work.


Unfortunately, for Corey the poopy issues extended to the youngest member of our household as well. And he does not use the potty. And he is handsy. And into everything. So one night while I was away, my husband was left to clean this up...

Unfortunately, that is not peas that he has smeared all over himself. Corey said that he knew it was going to be a messy diaper so he decided to just put him in the bathtime. He left the room (he assured me it was before he ran any water) to get something and when he came back Canaan had decided to "fix his hair with it".

My poor don't really like to get my hands dirty husband. He said he just held onto the clean arm and sprayed him down. Can't say that I am sorry to have missed that moment!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a kid. He looks adorable even with poop all over him. I remember John taking Charles outside and hosing him down.Charles loved it.
Glad I didn't have to clean him up. At least he did have one clean arm to hold.

Robyn said...

He does look cute- even with all the poopy!!

Alicia (dna) said...

Praise the Lord for children that are completely potty trained! That day will come my friend, but then you'll have attitude, lying and sassiness to deal with. You just trade one problem for another. :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe in all of that happening Corey took the time to stop and take a picture. Wow!

Erin said...

The description "handsy" cracked me up...and made me gag all at the same time.

Amber said...

Sumer, I'm surprised at you! I can't believe you haven't taught him to say "germs" by now!